Thursday, July 3, 2008

365 days

On Saturday Number Twos will be 1 year old.

This, then, will be the 184th post, and also the last.

I’ve given it a lot of thought and I think it’s time to take my final bow.

I always intended this blog to be an honest account of the ups and downs of my life with ulcerative colitis.

But as my UC has settled, there are fewer ups and downs.

It’s all become rather middling.

Which is great from a health perspective, but it doesn’t necessarily make for very interesting reading.

Basically I’ve run out of material. And the last thing I want to do is start repeating myself.

So, Number Twos will be no more.

I’ve had a good run. It’s been fun. I’ve written something like 49,000 words, mostly on the subject of poo.

Which is a shitload of words when you think about it.

There have been 51 WDOATs. Thankfully I stopped squirming with embarrassment after the first few.

And finally, I never dreamt that you lot out there would join in with your comments, suggestions and kind words.

You made writing this blog all the more enjoable. I’d like to thank you all for reading.

I don’t want to prattle on.

My blogging days may not be over though. I have a germ of an idea. And it’s UC related. I’m not sure where it’s going to go yet. But that’s how Number Twos started…

If anything comes of it I’ll post the details here. Let’s call it Number Twos: Chapter Two.

Until then, go in peace. And less often.

Martin