Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The poll is back

When gas is released into my ostomy bag it sometimes makes a noise. It doesn’t sound like a fart; it’s more a gurgly, escaping air kind of thing. Sort of like a disappointing Whoopee Cushion that doesn’t work properly. It is loud enough for other people to hear though. I don’t mind so much when I’m with friends and family, but I am dreading it happening in other situations. I’ve actually stopped using the lift at work. Travelling in a lift with someone can be awkward enough without the pfft-pfft-pfft-wheeze of my bag adding to the tension. What I’m most worried about is meetings. Imagine if at some crucial point in the presentation my old windbag pipes up with Scotland the Brave. My palms start sweating just thinking about it. I’m not sure how I’d handle that situation. Do you say something? Pretend you didn’t hear anything? Tricky one, isn’t it? Which is why I’ve put it to the poll. It should be to the right of your screen. I’m interested to see what you’d do.