Thursday, August 6, 2009

Wednesday's diary on a Thursday 7.1

You’ll see below that I empty my bag a few times a day. It occurred to me that it might lead people to think my bag is constantly filling up, so I thought it worth mentioning that I never wait for it to fill right to the brim before emptying it. I usually empty it when it’s about a quarter full, just when it’s starting to get a bit of weight to it. I could hold on longer for a good old load of poo to build up, but I prefer to keep the bag as close to empty as possible. Psychologically it’s somehow better. I’m more relaxed if my bag is empty. And the less plump it is, the less of a bulge it makes under my clothes. And the less it feels like it’s going to burst. Or drop off like a mushy overripe pear. So I let out a little more often, if that makes sense.
Wednesday 5th August:
6.45am Change bag
9.30am Empty bag
11.55am Empty bag
5.30pm Empty bag
10pm Empty bag

Medication:
Breakfast 6 x mesalazine 400mg
Dinner 4 x azathioprine 50mg
Bedtime 6 x mesalazine 400mg

Comments:
The ulcers cleared up.