Saturday, November 7, 2009

Back to the future II

I’m still drawn to this time machine idea.

Having lived with ulcerative colitis for a few years now, I’ve got a pretty good understanding of how it impacts on my life.

I suppose it’s called experience.

But just because I have all this ‘experience’ it doesn’t mean I think I know all the answers.

I really, really don’t.

Although there is some stuff I know now that I wish I’d known when I was first diagnosed.

And I suppose that’s called hindsight.

For example, it would have been good to know about Guy Cohen and some of his ideas 4 years ago.

There are lots of things that I would like to have known earlier.

But they were either not available to me or I wasn’t looking hard enough for them.

And I didn’t turn up in a time machine with a handy little UC guidebook from the future either.

So, I’m not sure where I’m going with this.

I’m just really intrigued with the idea, that if I could go back to 2005 what would I say to myself?

Or if I could give myself a notebook full of advice, what would be written on those pages?