Monday, June 15, 2009

Colonoscopy Week Live!

On Thursday I will be having a colonoscopy investigation. To prepare me for this I have been sent a set of detailed instructions to follow. So today and tomorrow I am on a low fibre diet. Which means I can’t have brown bread, vegetables, fruit, cereal, most biscuits, jams, and loads of other stuff. Lean meats, white bread, boiled or mashed potatoes, white pasta, jelly, cheese, eggs, natural yoghurt, milk and fish are all fine. It’s not so bad. Better than Wednesday. I can’t eat anything at all from Wednesday onwards. Best stuff myself while I can then. All week I will be writing about the build up to Thursday’s colonoscopy. Kind of nearly almost live blogging, in a way, sort of. There’s going to be laxatives, sedatives, fasting, cameras going in various orifices, biopsies and a 1 in 1000 chance of a perforation in the bowel. Gripping stuff. Stay tuned if you don’t want to miss out on any of the action. Anything could happen between now and Friday…