Monday, February 25, 2008

Competition time

Someone writing on behalf of a scheme called Celebrating UC Success emailed me today. The scheme is hoping to raise awareness and provide support and inspiration for people touched by ulcerative colitis. They’re asking for UC sufferers to contribute their story here and everyone who enters will get some sort of prize. The grand prize, it says in the email, is a 2 day trip for 2 to the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America’s ‘IBD Day on the Hill’ conference in Washington DC. There’s some sort of P&G tie-in, which slightly whiffs of marketing a bit, but other than that I think their intentions are genuine and good. As they say in their own words Every UC Success story is worth telling and P&G and the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation want to hear yours. Anyway they asked me if I’d share that with you. They only want 200 words. Gotta be worth a punt, hasn’t it? You might win a trip to Washington DC. You could hook up with Lav Lady. Sadly, it’s only open to US residents, so I can’t enter. But maybe the very nice lady who emailed me will offer me complimentary flights to the conference in return for this piece of precision online advertising what I’ve just gone and done for her?