Thursday, February 7, 2008

To poll or not to poll, that is the question

I’ve been thinking for a while now that it might be interesting to introduce a poll as a regular feature of the blog? We could use the polls to find out how many bowel movements a day we consider ‘normal’ or should we get our prescriptions for free or who would win an arm-wrestle between someone with ulcerative colitis and someone with Crohn’s? Cerebral hot potatoes like that. But the reason I haven’t tried a poll so far, is I’m scared. I’m scared because its success is going to rely on readers participating. And I’m not sure if I have enough readers. If I put a poll out there and only two people vote, one of whom is my mum who doesn’t have UC, then it’s not really going to be worthwhile. Plus it will be a pretty bruising indicator that I’m blathering away to myself here. I’m not one to shy away from the truth. If I have no audience, I can take it. So here it is, either the first and last poll on Number Twos or the first of many. You decide. (Okay, and you, mum.)





A poll about a poll

Would regular polls be an interesting addition to Number Twos?




Crikey, what a great idea
Yawn, that's rubbish
I don't care I'm a small furry woodland creature